Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Seeing Red

Just in case I hadn't mentioned it before, I pretty much live by What to Expect When You're Expecting and Your Pregnancy Week by Week (thanks Stacey for the latter recommendation). But in neither invaluable tome did I find anything on what apparently is a common occurrence: nosebleeds. Just out of the blue, my nose will start bleeding. Not gushing, mind you, but enough that I have to be careful.

According to BabyCenter: "Pregnancy can cause the blood vessels in your nose to expand, and your increased blood supply puts even more pressure on those delicate veins, causing them to rupture easily. You're especially likely to have a nosebleed when you have a cold or sinus infection or when the membranes inside your nose dry out, as they do in cold weather, air conditioned rooms, airline cabins, and other dry environments."

Last night, without even trying I dabbed my nose to reveal a perfect heart on my tissue. Tommy didn't think I could get anything on ebay for it though.

No comments: